baby blowdry

July 05, 2014

IMG_7436

When I posted one of these pictures on Instagram and shared to it Facebook so many of my friends thought that it was a picture of Beatie getting her first haircut. To them I say, for shame friends, don't you know me at all?? I'll never cut my girls hair until the day they ask. Thankfully for me, Violet spends many minutes a day double checking that we are not going to cut her hair. She likes her "big" hair and does not want "little hair wike Beatie". I'm not really sure how Beatie feels about her "little" hair, since she has only just mastered the word "air" for hair. She does seem to like being pampered in the salon though. And she will at some point in the very, very near future, be the proud owner of one times mullet. Perhaps at that point Rob will be able to convince me to let him give her a trim. I don't know. There's something really important seeming about the hair that was on my daughters' heads when they came into the world. Don't you think? Probably not, most people seem to be able to snip, snip, snip it away in favour of sweet bobs and fringes. Maybe they're sentimental about other things. Maybe I'm just sentimental about everything.

My children are so lucky to grow up around hairdressing. At it's best it's such a vibrant, fun environment. There's nothing else like it. I'm grateful to never have had a true office job. I'm grateful that some of the clients I had I can still call friend. Every day that we pick Rob up from work in the car Violet is sure to save her toilet trip until we get there. Nothing makes her happier than her daddy coming out of the salon after all the clients are gone to grab her out of her car seat and take her inside. Usually the need to wee is forgotten instantly in favour of being twirled around by the hairdressers or running around the salon showing off. Beatie might be left out on those evenings but when Violet is at daycare and the crazy energy of just one is much more manageable in an environment with paying clients, we often stop into the salon for a visit, just Beatie and me. On this particular day we were coming from somewhere very special, having gone on behalf of both Rob and I, to look at somewhere that's going to be very important to our family very soon. I'm so excited about what's in store for us! I wish I could blurt it all out but it's not quite right for the internet just yet. I'll tell you this much, it's not another baby (yet). Sigh.

IMG_7435

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a little cutie!oh good luck with the new "thing"! How exciting, haha and I don't even know what it is. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, thank you so much, i can't wait to share!

      Delete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...