i missed you, so much

July 05, 2013

12 122

So this little cracker will ride in her stroller again, as long as she can wear a helmet. She also regularly demands to wear either mine or hers around the house, just for fun. I'm so glad to have such a quirky daughter, full of character. Sometimes when I don't think I'm going to make it through the day she will do something like this, just so bizarre and funny, and everything is instantly better. I hope all mothers of toddlers, and all fathers of toddlers too, can say the same. It really makes all the difference.

I've just spent two nights away from home. Neither child is sleeping through the night at the moment, for whatever reason. Colds, phases, toddler beds. I can think of one hundred reasons and one hundred excuses but parenting is just like that, you think and think and think to come up with an explanation but really, all that matters is that it is. Serious illness not withstanding, of course, but that's not what this is. Anyhow, good friends of ours invited us to stay at their house, separately with one child so that each of us could get a little more sleep that we're getting with two children who aren't sleeping. So Beatie and I spent two nights at their house (though we came home for the days) and it was glorious. For me. Rob kind of got slammed on the second night as Violet got an ear infection and couldn't sleep at all. I was able to come home refreshed and take care of her though. I can't recommend doing this enough. I also got to see how Rob feels, to leave the babies and not see them for hours and hours and hours. It's so hard! I felt like part of my body was missing. You can understand that something must be hard and feel for a person but until you experience it you can't really understand, you know?

4 comments:

  1. Violet is the sweetest little lady :) It's good that you have wonderful friends who can help if you need a little time away. Even if it is just for the night.

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, aww! I found your blog through Tennessee's Honey giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute! That sounds like a lovely time, besides the girls being sick :(

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Sam
    http://samanthaelizabeths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to take a little break. I've had to do this on occasion and stay at my sisters house just so I could get one solid nights sleep. You would think at eleven months your baby will start sleeping through the night, but as you said something always comes up. I feel like I've aged 10 years in the past couple of months!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...