but then later that day it was real

June 19, 2013

IMG_8553 IMG_8554 IMG_8555 IMG_8560 IMG_8563 IMG_8568 IMG_8569 IMG_8573 IMG_8577 IMG_8581 IMG_8583 IMG_8587 IMG_8588 IMG_8589 IMG_8592 IMG_8595 IMG_8597

How cute are the top two pictures of an owie and Daddy kissing it better? Violet has an ear infection at the moment and while it doesn't seem to affect her mood it was affecting her balance on the weekend. She was falling over her own feet left, right and centre. After we spent the afternoon at the market on Sunday we decided to go to Ceres, a kind of city farming, organic, bike building, cafe having, crunchy, crunchy, crunchy community that's right next door to our old house. It's amazing. I know I just listed everything it's about but seriously, you can buy your organic vegetables there and then go and build a bike from second hand bike parts with a bunch of other new friends doing the same thing while sipping a fair trade latte from a mug because they don't believe in creating rubbish by having take away cups. And there's chickens. Violet is calling chickens "bitch-ens" which is a fairly accurate describing word for the chickens at Ceres, they're the fancy, plumy kind that peck around in feathers coloured shimmery black and speckledy brown. It was getting pretty cold by the time we got there in the mid afternoon which is the reason for my leather suit. I wasn't sure about double leather, I didn't think it was the same principle as double denim but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. After having to do up the jacket because it was so cold and effectively looking like I was trying to method act my way into a part in The Matrix 4, I don't think I'll be doing it again.

Anyway, after some incredible coffee, average muffins and an attempt by Violet to play jump rope with the other kids we wanted to go for a walk down by the Merri Creek. And we really wanted Violet to get a chance to do some scooting with Rob because he hasn't really gotten to take her much since her birthday (and Daddy is king when it comes to the fun stuff). She was pretending she didn't know how to do it so that she could get a free ride with both feet on the scooter and Daddy doing all the work, clever girl! I don't think she was feeling too good because she kept sitting down after a while, though that might have been in protest of the fact that we wouldn't let her do "safe entry" into the creek. So we said bye bye to the "chwach chwach"es (ducks) and made our way back through Ceres to the car. Evidently we picked the perfect time to turn around because as we were getting to the car it started raining and didn't really stop for 24 hours.

9 comments:

  1. The owie photos are so beautiful, I hope that the ear infection clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, me too, they're the worst :(

      Delete
  2. My heart swells whenever i see your beautiful little ladies! Super cute! Get better soon Violet :)

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, Lulu, you're so lovely! I'm getting excited about your wedding now, so close!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Get better violet!! Love these photos your famu is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking up over her word for chickens! This really makes me want to get my girls scooters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole the word, with us using it she'll never learn chicken properly ;)
      twins on scooters would probably kill me with the cute, do it pleeeeaaaaasssssseeeee!
      xo

      Delete
  5. You guys are pretty damn stylish parents! Violet in her helmet is really cute, I hope she gets better soon! That place sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...