Princesses and particulars

May 17, 2013

IMG_7741 IMG_7743 IMG_7744 IMG_7746 IMG_7747 IMG_7748 IMG_7752 IMG_7753 IMG_7756 IMG_7759 IMG_7757

A few weeks ago Violet went through a stage of wanting to pick her own clothes. Every time for a week or so she would pick these ridiculously frou-frou outfits for doing non-fancy things, like play group. Redirection need not apply, it was fancy or nothing. As mildly embarrassing as it was to show up to get-your-whole-body-dirty play dates looking like a crazy pageant mum, I really loved it. She would stare down at her sparkly skirt, touch it gently or hold it out with her hands and take a moment before looking up at me with a huge grin. "PINCESS!" she would exclaim and sometimes swish her skirt, sometimes twirl a little. I could tell she felt awesome. Maybe not beautiful because I don't think toddlers have any concept of superficial beauty yet but the toddler equivalent, whatever that is. She's past needing to wear princess dresses now, it was a quick fixation that has been switched to wearing her scooter helmet all the time but I keep finding this pink sparkly dress on the floor in the mornings and every time she sees me picking it up she yells "pincess!"

Tomorrow is Sunday and we're off to a children's farm for Violet's best friend Juno's birthday party. It's in something called The Snake Room, I hope the snakes are painted or just implied or something. Rob cancelled his work commitment to come because I asked him to and I am so excited. I don't really know what to do with the happiness I feel about this, other than channel it into a dance party to a girl poweresque Pandora Radio station which Violet, Beatie and I did in the car this morning on the way home from dropping Rob at work. Happy weekend friends.

10 comments:

  1. Cute girls! Stopping by to follow your blog! Have a great weekend!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! That is really funny, and super cute! I can't wait (well I really can because having a teeny little baby is the best!) until Romy does funny little things like this!

    When you post pictures of the girls on instagram I always like to show Luke because they are just so darn cute! We both just have ridiculously cute daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Violet is one pretty little princess! My little sister Tilly-Bluebell is going through a stage where she wants to wear 'princess' dresses everyday! Too cute! Beatie looking adorable as well with her bow :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i love that violet wants to be all girly playing at the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am so glad to be your newest follower! Thanks for following me also. Your little girls are adorable! :) Can't wait to read more!

    talesoftheyoungertwin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this stage is so fun and they always pick the cutest dress! I hope my little guy goes thru that stage too. I wonder what kind of clothes he'll pick

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww adorable! great blog, i love it :) following back from http://www.sammyjaylifstyle.com !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't little girls so much FUN! My youngest was (ok, still is) the same way but my oldest, exact opposite. Your daughters are both beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so fun! Such a fashionista =)

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one thing which
    I believe I'd never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely vast for me. I am having a look ahead in your next submit, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

    Review my blog post; workouts to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...