Mother's Day and new hair

May 14, 2013

IMG_4521

Mother's Day was perfect. I wouldn't change a single moment of it, even if I could. I woke up to Violet jumping on us asking for cuddles and kisses, as she usually does, followed quickly by a huge bunch of roses, a card and a coffee. Rob told me that he was taking the girls out for a drive so that I could have a shower and get ready for the day all by myself. We didn't have a bath in our last house so Violet prefers showers...with me...and showering by myself is a rare treat. I even got to put make up on and do my hair at a ridiculously slow pace, listening to music and enjoying some alone time. He probably could have stopped there and I'd have been happy! But he didn't, he took us out for breakfast at one of our favourite cafes (because it's so pram accessible but the food is still incredible), Little Henri. Rob did all the kid stuff, pretty much all I had to do was get in the car. Except that when we got there poor old Rob had forgotten to bring shoes for Violet (she's not allowed to wear them in the car because she kicks the seat in front). Luckily we live super close and it was actually a blessing in disguise as I was able to go in with Beatie and order so that the food came just after little miss can't-sit-still arrived. She was incredibly placid though, I was so surprised. Usually she wants to go exploring everywhere from other people's meals to the kitchen, far too adventurous to sit down but on Mother's Day she sat and ate her croissant and only even got down once or twice. There was another present right there! Having a meal out with my family was my favourite part of the day, hands down.

IMG_4522

After everyone was done and Violet had gotten to visit two tables to say hello we went shopping. We have an event coming up next month that I needed something pretty for and I love shopping. We walked around for a couple of hours talking while the girls relaxed in the pram and I felt like I was on a date with Rob. We spent the late afternoon at home loving each other as a family and had leftover pizza for dinner followed by a really bad movie that we both fells asleep on the couch while watching. A perfect day of being with my family, feeling appreciated and being grateful to have 3 such incredible people in my life.

mday

Rob also made me blonde a few days ago. I love it, what a change, what a life to have a man who can do my hair!

IMG_4523

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day! Happy mothers day to you :) also I love your hair! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Glad you had such a happy mother's day :)

    Also, I love the hair! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely day! I cannot wait to be all recovered and ready to go out with Romy on cafe dates - basically anything that doesn't involve my lounge room! I really love your hair blonde! My mum was a hairdresser, so its totally convenient to have someone to do your hair without going to the hairdressers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Your hair looks so lovely, the blonde really suits! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s very cool!!! we follow you! great your blog! yeahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day! Love the new hair =)

    xo,

    Katie

    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new hair! Happy belated Mothers Day :) Now you have Violet's colouring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure I already commented on this post but guess it didn't go through! Love your new hair! Sounds like you had the best Mummy Day and those flowers are so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Mother's Day. I know what you mean about the not being able to sit still(I always order my coffee to go now) so it must've been lovely that Violet was focused on her croissant!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...