Kryal Castle

May 07, 2013

IMG_7702 IMG_7717 IMG_7716 IMG_7703 IMG_7704 IMG_7705 IMG_7706 IMG_7708 IMG_7711 IMG_7713

When Rob's dad and step-mum came to stay over Easter we drove down to Leigh Creek, about an hour and a half out of the city, to visit this awesome medieval castle. I think it's only recently re-opened but I wouldn't know since I hadn't heard of it until Rob's brother suggested we take Violet there. To be honest it was probably geared towards kids a couple of years older than her. She's not into face painting and doesn't yet 'get' knights and princesses as well as a 5 year old. The kids in that age bracket and up were totally into it- hanging off the fences trying to get in on the action, and torturing each other on the torture equipment. Yes, that's right. They also had characters walking around acting out scenes in hilarious English accents. There was jousting and sword fighting too. Rob was pretty upset that it wasn't more realistic but as I said to him on the day, the only way it could be any more realistic would be if it stank and if the fighters were drawing blood. Neither of which would actually make the experience any more enjoyable! I think he was just mad that they only invited kids to sword fight the knights after the show. I definitely recommend going there if you get the chance and you have kids that love medieval stuff.

IMG_7699IMG_7700

Rob's dad fell asleep sitting up during the sword fighting!

IMG_7714 IMG_7696

17 comments:

  1. Hahaha I think I've been there but when I was 10 or something, definitely no shows or anything, we were left to roam free hehe. That's so cool!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd suggest going but it's an awfully long way to go if you're no longer 10 and impressed by shows! x

      Delete
  2. Following you back via GFC. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow-back! Your family day looks like fun, and your daughter has such lovely curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, this place looks so cool! I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's super cool, put it on your to-do list for when you guys visit melbourne! that's a total hint hint by the way ;)

      Delete
  5. Love these photos dear. Plus, you look so happy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy and freeezzzzinnnggg!! send your spring my way, please! xo

      Delete
  6. Hey there, thanks for following my blog. I just followed you back! Wow, this medieval castle place looks pretty awesome. Wish we had cool places like that to visit around here!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's pretty cool! i bet your older kids would love it x

      Delete
  7. I love old castles! So beautiful!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! You can see Violet so much in both Rob & his Dad! She has their bright blue eyes. Looks like you all had a wonderful day! You look amazing by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hanna! Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog. I'm your newest follower and have enjoyed looking at all of your wonderful pictures. Can't wait to stop by again

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...