Painting day

April 22, 2013

IMG_7498 IMG_7500 IMG_7501 IMG_7503 IMG_7505 IMG_7506 IMG_7509 IMG_7513 IMG_7519 IMG_7520 IMG_7521 IMG_7522 IMG_7544

These were taken during paternity right around the 12th of March. Only 4 weeks ago and already the weather has turned to cold. Every morning when we wake up now there has been rain during the night and the floorboards downstairs are so cold you need socks to be comfortable. Soon it will be painful to go barefoot. Looking at these pictures already makes me nostalgic for the summer I wished away. I'm certain it was uncomfortably hot but the pictures speak of golden afternoons and warm breezes breaking up the static heat. I always miss the season that's passed. I always miss everything that's changed. I can't wait for woolly hats and Violet's first pair of gumboots but on the other side I'm looking forward again to cloudless skies, naked babies and painting in my childhood smock as the shadows get long in the afternoon sun.

6 comments:

  1. It is so cold isn't it? We have a fireplace which we have just started using and now the whole street smells like smokey country nighttime every evening. I love it when it gets chilly, but I definitely miss the ease of summer. Everything takes a bit of foresight now, oh well at least our winters are pretty temperate! That painting looks like fun, maybe when Violet gets her gumboots you could do some rainy gumboot mud painting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures Hanna! Looks like so much fun in the sunshine, its just starting to get warmer here in Northampton. Our seasons are so messed up at times haha! Now all I want to do is visit my little sister to do some outdoor painting :)

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love communicating with people on the other side of the world because we're in the same moment but experiencing opposite seasons. BUT, Spring is coming so late this year in Chicago that I think we're sitting in about the same stuff. :) Yep, I can't wait for naked babies and late golden afternoons. sigh.

    You're such a fun mama. I want to come paint at your place! ha. It's so much easier to have the little ones paint naked and outside isn't it. Last week Mateo painted (inside) with two other friends and he somehow managed to cover himself and both other boys in paint. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely phoos! These will be great memories later down the road :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she is having such a good time. Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hanna, I came here through the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. Your blog is lovely, I'm really enjoying what I've read so far. Your girls are so sweet and your family looks like a lot of fun. I'm following and looking forward to reading more and getting to know you better. If you'd like to check out my blog, it's at http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...