Shoo fly!

January 11, 2013

Shoo fly! from Violet Lulu on Vimeo.



I'm having a rough morning today. Violet has been non-stop tantrums from the get-go, including throughout two trips in the car. There are just so many reasons for her behaviour today, a late bedtime last night, being woken up this morning (we had to take Rob to work and she was sleeping in), a slight cough, being upset about Rob going to work and she's cutting 2 eye teeth to boot with dribble running down her chin constantly. It's been pretty hard work, especially the screaming in the car. I'm tired and a bit fed up so I've put her down to nap and am watching this video over and over to remind myself that she's not a monster, that actually, she's awesome. She was eating her dinner and a fly was buzzing around so I taught her to shoo it away which she thought was hilarious!

I'm forgoing housework while she's asleep to plant myself on the couch with a tub of blueberries, some ice cream and a couple of episodes of House. Hopefully that will pull me out of the funk, she'll wake up feeling better and we'll have a great afternoon together.

9 comments:

  1. Oh boy!!! That sounds awful :( It's good that you are taking time for yourself. I hope everything starts getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, me too, i'm doing some reading. trying to change myself. we'll see how it goes :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting for the first time via Delirious Rhapsody. And yeah. For sure. Tantrums blow. Hard. When my kid was that age, I was pretty sure that I was going to put my head through a plate glass window. Because that sounded much more enjoyable than an other hour-long scream-fest because I asked my kid to put on pants. ANyway, the moral of the story is that it gets better, in our case, pretty quickly. Good luck. And COURAGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I know it's taken me ages to get back to you about this but thank you, i really needed to hear that from someone who wasn't all "my kid poops rainbows, what's wrong with yours??" that day (and several since)..

      Delete
  3. Hey! Just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more details!
    lostintravelsblog.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's so nice! i'll get around to filling it out, i swear! xo

      Delete
  4. She is so adorable!!

    New follower from the blog hop! Hope you stop by and follow me back!

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...