January 22, 2013

icecream2

Last night we snuck out for ice-cream way after bed time. It mostly happened because when we went to pick Rob up at work one of the hair dressers was about to get the bus home but we felt like giving her a lift instead and there's really good ice cream on her side of town. Violet ate maybe one third of that little tub of bubblegum ice-cream but it was plenty enough to get her very hyperactive. She was so funny, pulling this hilarious face and bobbing her head up and down. I think it's one of the few times she's known she was being funny and was doing it on purpose to make me laugh. Rob slid down under the table to be on the same level as her which I think she quite liked. I don't think we've ever done anything like that before. I mean, we've definitely kept her out way after bed time, mostly to go to dinner. I just don't think we've ever gone out after she's normally in bed and filled her full of sugary treats. It was so fun. We paid for it this morning (it was probably a coincidence but still) as she woke up at 5:30am and refused to go back to bed until 9:30am. Still worth it.

12 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Special moments like these are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they're the ones that become the big ones in memory..

      Delete
  2. I reckon getting woken up for an ice cream date is awesome. Although, it would have to be a soy ice cream date for me or it could all end in disaster! Hello by the way I am a new follower x

    http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boo! lucky soy ice cream can be delicious too! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Hanna, how adorable. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a nice comment to read! thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Hi I am following you from the hop and enjoyed reading your blog. Violet looks like a little busy body!!! She is the cutest thing in diapers :)
    I can understand why she would get the sugar rush. sometimes it okay to break the routine to get some fun time in :)
    I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/ww-they-say-she-looks-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, she's the busiest toddler I've ever met, no exaggeration!

      Delete
  5. It's worth it to have those awesome memories!! I love doing little things like that with Lachy, and can't wait til Olly is old enough to occasionally feed up on sugar too!!lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to take a break from 'teaching' and 'guiding' to just have fun, huh? I can't wait to take our two together either, when the littlest is old enough..imagine how silly they'll be together!

      Delete
  6. Mmmm bubblegum ice cream! You have such an adorable little family :)

    Lulu xx

    http://luluslittlewonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, it's one of those places where they smoosh lollies and stuff in, Rob put gummy bears in his bubblegum! xo

      Delete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...