a beautiful picture

January 08, 2013

IMG_6374
brunch last weekend at Little Henri on High St, Preston


I'm feeling totally irrationally frightened about having another baby this week. Everyone says that once you give birth you don't have to worry about splitting your love in half, it just doubles. I haven't given birth yet though, so I can't see how I'm going to do it. To love Violet with all my heart, to love Rob with all my heart, to love the new baby with all my heart and still love me just a little bit too. It's been on my mind a lot. I guess we all "nest" differently and differently each week too. Rob is curbing our unnecessary spending with lightning efficiency this week, he's having a "provider" instinct surge, I suppose. I wish I were filled instead with the desire to organise and clean, or pack my labour bag. Alas.

14 comments:

  1. Hi! That picture is precious..and it's totally normal to feel that way! I know I did :)

    I'm a new follower from the GFC hop, stop by if you have time.

    Holly, http://mymommyandwifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's good to hear, sometimes it doesn't matter how much you 'know' something, it still feels impossible!

      Delete
  2. I don't actually have any experience with having my own kids, so I can't say anything there. But I love the photo. You can tell that you love these two, and I'm sure that there's more than enough love to go around. Love isn't a measurement that we can run out of. I'm sure that you'll be perfectly fine. (:


    allisonleighann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like that, love isn't a measurement that we can run out of.. x

      Delete
  3. I only have one baby right now but I worry about the same thing! I hope you blog about how it goes with your second baby :)


    I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i certainly will, if i can stay awake long enough, haha

      Delete
  4. New Follower from the Followers to Friends Link up! Love your blog.. if you have time, check out mine at kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year! K Jaggers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the labour bag, it seems to loom over you doesn't it? This photo is gorgeous and I always think of love multiplying not dividing, but hey I only did maths until year 9 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, my last one loomed so far over me that Rob was packing it for me while i was contracting at 2 1/2 mins apart..I think he's hoping to avoid that this time around!!
      I only did maths til then too but I say your logic stands!

      Delete
  6. Pretty picture! Good luck next week! :-) Babies are such blessings! FOund you via Casey wiegand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful picture!!! Good luck with the new baby, you will do great. I was terrified of the same thing, but somehow it just works. I'm your newest follower over from Nanny to Mommy ;)

    Laura @ keepingupwiththekellehers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...