Merry Christmas

December 26, 2012

IMG_6265
IMG_6272
IMG_6269
IMG_6256

We had a lovely Christmas. We had tomato* and cheese croissants for breakfast before opening presents and then went to pick up our friend Darren who is from the UK and so doesn't have any family here to spend the day with. While Rob and Violet picked him up I made a quiche to take to the beach for a picnic lunch.

IMG_6287
IMG_6303
IMG_6278
IMG_6286


We spent our Christmas the three of us plus Darren laying on the sand eating quiche and ice-cream, chasing a ball (it was very windy), paddling in the sea with Violet and flying a kite which Violet got for Christmas. The weather was perfect, not too hot (not hot enough for us to go properly swimming) but beautiful and warm.

IMG_6255
IMG_6246
IMG_6262


We spent the rest of the day watching Violet play with her new toys and laying on the couches relaxing or watching shows before sitting down to a big Christmas dinner. It was so nice to share our day with a friend and keeping it casual and relaxing was exactly the kind of Christmas we all wanted. We took some pictures of the usual tree and present opening too which may make their way onto the blog in the next few days.

*edit: I originally wrote and published 'ham and cheese croissants', talk about baby brain, I've never even eaten ham in my life!

6 comments:

  1. Hello- I am visiting from the ginger snaps craft link up. I think these pictures turned out so so so beautiful.

    It is snowing here (in Ohio), and it's pretty-but your pictures made me miss the sunshine!

    I read your About Me section and I also love Rilo Kiley! The lead singer was from the movie Troop Beverly Hills which is one of my favorite movies from when I was little. :)

    I have a niece named Lucy who is 2 years old, and your daughter looks just about that age. So much fun!

    Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    Holly

    http://yourstrulyh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas on the beach?! Now that's the way to do it! Hope you guys had a great Christmas, thanks for coming by and following, I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! These pictures are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures of the little are beautiful! Your Christmas looks / sounds SO relaxing, how neat to spend it on the beach! Oh, and my daughter just turned 10 months yesterday and I'm also still suffering from baby brain...it's quite ridiculous :)!

    I'm co-hosting A Lovely Blog Hop this week and found you through your link! I'm now following along, I hope you'll do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness she is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so adorable and beautiful, loving her so much!!!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...