what we wore {pink gingham and yellow}

February 04, 2012

sos1
sos2
sos3
sos4
sos5
sos6
Me-
top: skipping girl (old old old!)//shorts: thrifted//belt: thrifted//scarf: thrifted//shoes: jeffrey campbell
Violet-
romper: gift from Grandma Sue//shoes: Bebe (hand-me-down from a lovely old client, Leigh).

These pictures are from Australia Day which was the 26th of January. Traditionally, since it's summer and a public holiday, people get together for barbeques, lots of drinking and listening to the radio for a station's annual hottest 100 countdown. We had planned to go to a barbeque at one of the women in my playgroups house but her little boy, Joe, was sick on the day and they cancelled it. We decided to keep it low key and go swimming, followed by a bike ride and some hot chips in the park. Silly us forgot that EVERYONE goes to the park on Australia Day so it was kind of like a festival there with hundreds of people playing ball games and eating and drinking. It was warm but the wind had a chill to it so we didn't stay more than an hour or so. Violet insisted on crawling as far away from us as possible and playing by herself with her back to us. My bike also got blown over by the wind onto me! Luckily it missed my head by a couple of inches and the frame just hit one part of my spine. I got a graze and a sore back for a few days, nothing serious!

At the park:

sos7
sos8
sos9
sos10
sos11
sos12

6 comments:

  1. I love that I clicked on your link from Harper's Happenings thinking this "mom" looks hot and there you are having Fish n Chips in Oz! We did a similar thing on Australia Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys look adorable! I love your picnic...looks like a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you guys... so cute! loving your scarf too!:) happy aussie day for the 26th of jan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, isn't it double extra exciting to stumble across blogs from Oz?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, thank you! it was, I love summer :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...