what we ate {fig salad}

February 12, 2012

fig

It's been a while since my last what we ate post but I think this will make up for it! It's not exactly a meal, more like something to pick over during drinks, or a side salad. You would have to adjust ingredient quantities based on how much you wanted to make so I'm afraid I'll be vague.

Ingredients:
fresh figs
grated parmesan
Kecap Manis (sometimes called ABC sauce!)

All you have to do is cut the stalk off the figs and slice them into wedges. Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with a good amount of parmesan cheese. Then drizzle the kecap manis over the wedges. Less is more, that bad boy spreads way more that you think it would and the flavour overpowers everything else if you go too heavy. That's it! I served ours the other night with a homemade antipasti quiche but I've eaten a plateful over glasses of white wine before and that was amazing!

fig2

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...