Meal plan

January 26, 2012

Hey so it's only taken a couple (maybe three) of weeks to put one of my resolution plans into action! That's probably a record for me. While I love being organised and function best when I know what to expect from myself and those around me, I'm a pretty lazy person when it comes to getting there. What I mean is that now that we've finally gotten around to organising one meal plan, doing them weekly will be easy, getting motivated to make the time to sit down and do the first one, not so easy. Oh well, it's done now and holy mackrel, cooking has never been so great! No more looking in the cupboard to see what I can make with what we have. No more going to the store to buy one meals worth of groceries, no more wandering the aisles of the supermarket impulse snack buying instead of constructively shopping. In fact, the only things we bought that weren't on the list at the store were bread, milk and ice cream. And at the market, fruit and some vegetables to make meals for Violet with. Amazing!

I found our meal plan document on this blog: THE PROJECT GIRL and chose the planner that didn't deal with breakfast or lunch, seeing as we aren't doing this for dieting reasons or anything so writing "cereal" in our breakfast section seemed silly. Not to mention that we both love leftovers for lunch, or sandwiches. I love that you can download it so printing is a cinch and I love that it's cute. Meal planning should be done on cute stationary, I think. Here's week one (I'm not planning to show these weekly or anything):

mp

We are eating A LOT of pasta this week. Probably because pasta is awesome cold (these recipes are anyway) and Rob only has a microwave to reheat things at work. Things reheated in microwaves suck. We bought our produce at the farmer's market (and I crossed out the 'meat' section of the planner to make more room for produce!) and got some of them from our next door neighbour's garden. They're wonderful like that. So far, I really can't recommend doing this exercise more, we spent way less than $100 at the grocery store for a weeks worth of meals (we did already have some of the stuff needed though) and $20 at the market for all the produce we needed (which included fruit for snacks and vegetables for Violet's meals). We have often spent double (or even close to triple) that impulse shopping and made way less tasty things to eat.

Am I happy? Yes, I am!

12 comments:

  1. Great plan. Thanks for pointing me towards The Project Girl's blog, its fab!
    Annie
    annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Thank you for posting. This is going on my fridge, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great idea! I'm actually about to have some leftover lasagne for lunch, i'll try this tip and let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for something like this for a couple months now... I LOVE it How can I get access to it? It says I don't have permission to view it when I click on the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,

    I'm so so sorry for my late reply, I'm a jerk!
    If you click the linked text THE PROJECT GIRL in my post that should take you to her site and the original downloadable meal plan! If you can't get it from her then you'd better take it up with her! Ha!
    Han

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other day, while I was at work, my sister
    stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a twenty
    five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!



    Here is my homepage :: exercises for vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Its really remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear idea concerning from this article.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog - workouts for vertical

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation however I
    to find this matter to be really one thing which I think I would never understand.
    It kind of feels too complex and very vast for me.

    I'm having a look ahead for your subsequent put up, I'll attempt
    to get the hold of it!

    my web blog; memodified.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother suggested I would possibly like this website.
    He was entirely right. This publish actually made my day.
    You cann't believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    my web-site - demo.phpfoxturkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya outstanding website! Does running a blog
    like this require a massive amount work? I have no knowledge of computer programming but I was hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you have any recommendations or
    tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.
    Cheers!

    Stop by my site: workouts For vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for some other informative web
    site. The place else could I get that kind of info written in such
    a perfect manner? I have a mission that I'm just now operating on, and I've been on the
    glance out for such info.

    Look into my weblog ... exercises to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...