it's been a while.

January 02, 2012

Welcome back, me. I know my break was unexpected, something terrible happened and then my parents and Rob's mum came to stay with us for Christmas. In the midst of all my sadness and also having to put on a brave face for our family I really didn't have either the time or the energy for blogging.

My friend Dillon passed away. He died on the 15th of December from an overdose, though we didn't find out until almost a week later. Dillon and I lived together until Rob and I moved in together to have Violet, though by that point I was so angry with him about the way he'd been behaving I hardly spoke to him after March last year. I know he understood, he was great like that. Dillon used to be straight edge so I just don't really know what went wrong. I really really, really thought that he was just going through something awful and that he would clean himself up when he was done and be my friend again. I never thought it would end like this, I would change so many things if I could.

We had the funeral on the 29th and as he wasn't religious his family chose to have no words, just 45 minutes of sitting with him, playing the cd he was listening to when he died. The casket was open and we all visited with him and put notes in with him. Afterwards there was a memorial picnic in the botanical gardens for everyone. It was the hardest day I can remember. I don't miss the person he became in the last couple of months of living with him but I miss the friend he was for years before that and I miss the chance he would have had to overcome his problems. I'm so sad.

My blog over the next week or so will probably be playing catch up from the last couple of weeks, lots of Christmas photos and outfits.

All that's left to say is, rest in peace friend, I loved you very much.

6 comments:

  1. i am so sorry for your loss. i know how hard it is to deal with losing someone you loved dearly. oddly enough the date your friend passed is the same date i have tattooed on my arm for my late grandfather. i hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm terribly sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nicole. I'm sorry about your Grandfather. It's a sad date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's heartbreaking :(

    My your friend rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Heather. It's so sad :(

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...