Christmas Day 2011, the latest recap EVER.

January 05, 2012

Our first family Christmas!

Christmas day was so much fun. We woke up around 8am and everyone ate breakfast slash drank coffee. It's probably best that we took advantage of Violet having no clue what Christmas is yet, I know we'll be cursing those 6am starts in years to come! Then we got into opening the 1 zillion gifts under the tree. Rob and I actually went fairly easy on present buying for Violet, considering how excited we were but our families went nuts. Way overboard. It was fun to open so many gifts though! Violet did not have the best time, she was cutting her first tooth that day, a sharp little white peg half in and half out of her gums. It was causing her so much grief, she hardly played with wrapping paper at all and wanted to stay very close to Mummy (hurray!).

xmas1
xmas2
xmas3
xmas4
xmas5
xmas6
xmas7
xmas8
xmas9
xmas10

Violet got utterly spoiled but so did we, Rob and I spoiled each other rotten. And why not? Everyone loved their gifts, especially my Dad who got a vintage harmonica from Germany.

xmas11
xmas12
xmas13
xmas14
xmas15

My lovely parents made our Christmas lunch. We had tofu and vegetable shish kebabs with a tahini sauce, rice, greek salad, tomato, basil and bocconcini salad and a big green salad. Not very traditional but I don't think a tofurkey would actually taste any good! Plus it was pretty hot outside.

xmas16
xmas17
xmas18
xmas19

Just after lunch Rob decided to mow the backyard when suddenly it started raining. Then it was raining really really hard. Then it was HAILING! But it was still hot. It ended up that we had a white Christmas! Kind of.

xmas21
xmas20

The rest of the day consisted of playing with our new toys, watching a couple of episodes of Lost (Rob and I got my mum season 1 for Christmas) and eating left over lunch for dinner. We were supposed to have 2 desserts, a pavlova and some Christmas pudding but I forgot that the pudding was cooking and burnt the heck out of it. Next year! Rob and I snuck into the dining room to eat pavlova and pull our secret bon-bons together. We didn't have them at lunch or dinner out of respect to Rob's mum, it was fun to hide and do something, just the three of us, on our first Christmas together.

xmas22
xmas23
xmas24

Pavlova is my favourite of all the times. Delicious. So, that was our Christmas! Happy happy, I can't wait for next year. Though we may possibly have to ask our families to scale back a little bit, we don't want Violet to grow up spoilt.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hanna,

    I found you through Delirious Rhapsody (from your comment). My mother-in-law is from NZ and she makes Pavlova when she visits. I die each time. It's so delicious.

    Cheers,
    Kelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelley! Nice to meet you :). Oh my gosh, pavlova is the best. It's pretty easy to make, you should try a recipe!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...