Date night plus tattoo!

November 08, 2011

Yesterday I had an appointment with my tattoo artist, Tim Dywelska who runs a studio upstairs of Vic Market Tattoo (if you're ever in Melbourne and looking for a guy, he is your man!). Tim and I started this piece about 3 years ago, if you can believe it. I am the worst client! We had one session and then life got in the way. When I finally got around to being ready to make an appointment to see him, BAM, I found out I was pregnant.

Tim has been tattooing me since I was 21 and we're pretty good friends, aside from the fact that I'd be pissed if my friend ran off for 3 years and didn't call. I have one more session to go until this tattoo is finally finished. I can't wait, although I will say, it hurt more than any of my other tattoos and I don't know if that's because of all the big-area colouring or because I've lost my threshold. I have to say also, it was the same burn (although waaaaaaaay less painful!) as childbirth. Great!
tattoo1
tattoo2

Last night Rob and I also went on a date. Just the two of us. Neither of our families live here so that is rare, if not unicorn. My brother actually does usually live here but he's studying in Montreal until next year so we are all on our own. Last night Violet and Grandma (who is visiting) hung out together while Rob and I had a date! I went down to his work to meet him around 6 and we went to get dinner. It was so nice to be holding hands and just not have half our brains somewhere else. We have two favourite Vietnamese restaurants, one near Rob's work and one near our house, we pick which one based on where we are. We obviously went to the one closest to work and it was delicious. We love Vietnamese food so much! Especially when we can both eat at the same time! After we ate we walked down to my favourite Indian restaurant and picked up some dessert (gulub juman) to take away and went for a long walk. We talked and held hands. I decided I really wanted a drink (why not?) so we walked back up to a cocktail bar near Rob's work and I had an espresso martini while Rob had a turkish coffee, yes, even though it was 8pm! I can't tell you how nice it was to have our third date in 6 months. I really think we are going to have to bite the bullet and let friends babysit Violet more often. Time away as a couple is key.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That tattoo is just amazing. It sucks that you have had to wait so long to finish it! But honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting for something as awesome as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I wouldn't feel sorry for me! When I say "life got in the way", if I were being honest I would have written "I got really lazy and kept putting off going back even though I knew it was annoying the artist". Thank you, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...